the national weather service in tiyan has issued a
* flash flood watch for guam…rota…tinian and saipan.
* through monday afternoon
* a developing tropical disturbance is expected to move through
the marianas today and tonight as a tropical depression with
heavy rain and gusty winds.
* rainfall of 4 to 8 inches is possible through monday morning.
dangerous flash flooding is possible.
a flash flood watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding.
you should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Route 10 by Wendy’s in Barrigada and Bradley Place in Anigua are deemed impassable due to heavy flooding, according to Guam Homeland Security and Office of Civil Defense.
Practice extreme caution on the following roadways, where flooding continues and safe travel may be reduced to one lane:
- Polaris Point, Route 1
- Hamburger Road, Harmon
- San Vitores Road, Tumon
- Barrigada, Route 16
- Artemio Cruz Street, Yona
- R. Camacho Way, Barrigada
- Near Aguon Store, Barrigada
- Leyang, Barrigada
- Tai Road, Mangilao
- 5th and 8th Street, O’Brien Drive, Hagatna
- Toto Canada Loop Road, Barrigada
To report impassable roads, contact 475-9600.